Leighton Submits Report On Hung Hom Scandal

Published date: .

"); jQuery("#212 h3").html("

Related News Programmes

"); });

2018-06-26 HKT 18:33

Share this story

facebook

  • The Development Secretary says the government will decide on action after studying the report. Photo: RTHK

    The Development Secretary says the government will decide on action after studying the report. Photo: RTHK

The Development Secretary, Michael Wong, said on Tuesday that the government had received a report from Leighton, a contractor embroiled in a shoddy work scandal at the Hung Hom station of the MTR’s Shatin-to-Central link.

The company has been linked to faulty work in which steel bars securing a platform to the walls were cut short to make it seem like they had been screwed in as per specifications.

Wong said officials would study the report and decide what action to take.

He said the most severe punishment was that the contractor could be banned from submitting tenders for government jobs in future.

Wong said Leighton will be informed of any action planned against it and given reasonable time to respond before any punishment is implemented.